Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mirror by Alexandra Day and Christina Darling


One of the reasons I really enjoyed this book is because it is written as if this little girl is writing it. It uses I throughout the whole thing. She has several different experiences where what she sees in the mirror is not her reflection but several different things. I think it is a great way to think and talk about imagination. The illustrations are exquisite! The illustrations really take you on the journey with her.


1 comment:

  1. Jenn-

    I liked how you described this book yet don't ruin the ending. I really like that the book is written from the little girl's perspective. It makes me want to read this book to see what the little girl is able to imagine with only a mirror. I think this book will give children another look at how the littlest things can take their mind far away.

    ReplyDelete