Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Misfits Part 1

This book is unlike any book I read as a kid. I understand that these kids are the misfits the ones that band together because they are not accepted by others but I guess I wanted a story that was more engaging. I feeling like it is just documenting what is happening. I think it is awesome that the kids feel comfortable with each and talk about their insecurities and personal issues like being gay, political views, and liking different people. I think it is very mature for children their age. I liked the part where each of them listed what names they each had been called. I really think is a book that focuses on discovering yourself and becoming ok with who you are no matter what others think which I believe is an important message for children to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment